FIG NEWTON BIBLES
The Bible tells us that “… all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” All, that is, except one; the man Jesus. He “…was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” This snack reminds the students that Jesus resisted temptation by remembering and obeying God’s Word.
- Make 3-4 Fig Newtons Bibles for each student.
- Print Lesson 2 Question page. (pg. 67 or click here)
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 Fig Newtons for each child
- Red Fruit Roll Ups
- Start with a fig newton, and trim off one long side with a sharp knife. This makes it look like your “book” has the edges of paper showing on 3 sides, and binding on the fourth side.
- Cut red fruit roll ups into the shape of a bookmark with a sharp knife, then stick them into the ‘fig goo’ with a toothpick.
- Finish the Bible by decorating the cover and binding with icing.
While the students eat their snack you can ask them questions about the Bible Story.
© 2013 Joel Walters