These Sky Cups remind the students that Jesus ascended up into heaven in the clouds and will return in the same manner.
- Prepare all Sky Cups in advance and refrigerate.
- Print Lesson 5 Question page. (pg. 77 or click here)
YOU WILL NEED:
- 10 packages Berry Blue Jello
- Boiling water
- Cool Whip (do not use Ready Whip because it is not firm enough to support the jello)
- 1 Clear, plastic cup for each child.
- Follow the directions on the back of your Jello box for Quick Set jello minus the cold water. Remember to multiply ingredient amounts according to the number of Jello boxes you are using.
- Measure same amount of ice as you used boiling water (for example, if you are to use 10 cups boiling water, you need 10 cups of ice). Stir the ice around in the bowl for about 5 minutes until the jello has thickened and remove any left over ice that didn’t melt. It should be jelled enough to scoop out on a spoon.
- Place a few spoonfuls of jello in the bottom of your clear, plastic cups. Drop in a spoonful or two of Cool Whip and press it against the side of the cup. This is going to form your “cloud” in the sky. Continue layering jello and cool whip until cup is full.(Note: try to keep from smearing jello or cool whip on the sides of your cup as that will ruin the “sky” look)
While the students eat their Sky Cups you can ask them questions about the Bible Story.
© 2013 Joel Walters